Remotes for Apple TV disappear frequently. Any sizable object is big enough to hide it underneath. The majority of people who lose an Apple TV remote say that it was accidentally thrown away.
Most people end up losing their remote in only the first few months. So, they need to find some methods to keep using their Apple TV without a remote.
And so, in this article, we will see How to set up Apple TV without a remote.
When you first set up your Apple TV, you may find it difficult without a remote. You can still set it up without a remote, whether you are setting it up for the first time or if you are establishing it as something new.
You can control your Apple TV from your iPhone using the Remote app, as many people already are aware. You should however connect your iPhone and Apple TV to the same network for this to work.
You may need to set up your Apple TV to connect to the internet if it is not already connected. The setup in this case can be completed in a variety of ways.
How To Set Up Apple TV Without Remote
When setting up your Apple TV, there is another option available, if you do not have the Siri Remote and would like another way to do so.
Just a Bluetooth keyboard can help you set up your Apple TV.
If this is your first time setting up an Apple TV, or you have just reset it, wait for the first screen to show up before starting the setup process.
The Bluetooth keyboard should be placed near the Apple TV once the screen appears.
Pair it with the device. The Apple TV screen may then display a code that you must enter on the Bluetooth keyboard. So that’s it for pairings.
As soon as the keyboard is ready, the keyboard symbol will flash on the screen. Navigate the screen using the arrow keys and select items using the Enter button.
Choosing a language and country will then lead you to another screen that will let you choose whether or not you want to use the voice control feature.
The next step is to choose whether the Wi-Fi information and Apple ID information should be manually entered or automatically entered. You can also use your iPhone or iPad if you have one.
This will save you time and energy because you won’t have to type in long Wi-Fi passwords.
Afterward, there are a couple of screens regarding login usernames and passwords, etc. As soon as you complete these steps, the home screen will appear.
How To Turn On apple TV Without remote
The Apple TV experience remains the same even after the setup is complete. Apple’s iPhone or iPad is all you need.
As soon as your streaming device is set up, and as long as you are running iOS 12 or higher, you can control it from the Control Center widget.
You can start watching Apple TV by tapping the icon once it has been added to the Control Centre. Ensure that your Wi-Fi connections are the same.
If a four-digit code appears on your Apple TV screen, enter it into your IOS device.
If you have more than one Apple streaming device in your home, you can choose from the top of the widget which one you want to control. A dedicated Remote app for iOS is also available for controlling Apple TV.
- How to Connect iPhone to LG Smart TV?
- How to Mirror iPhone to Samsung TV without Apple TV?
- How to Connect iPhone to Samsung Smart TV via Bluetooth?
Using an iPhone to Control Apple TV
The Apple TV must be connected to your router with an Ethernet cable if it’s not set up on your Wi-Fi.
It might be necessary to temporarily re-arrange your Apple TV if your router is a good distance away from where you want to use it. All cables will need to be accessible from your router, your Apple TV, and your TV.
Before you begin, make sure your iPhone is set up properly.
- Keeping your iPhone updated is a good idea.
- Sign in to iCloud if you aren’t already. Make sure your Apple ID is set up with two-factor authentication.
- Open the iCloud Settings for your device and turn on the iCloud Keychain.
- Click on Settings. At the top, click your name.
- Go to the iCloud page. To turn on Keychain, scroll to the bottom, select it, and turn on the switch.
- Connect your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and then turn on Bluetooth.
Can you use apple tv without remote? Answer is Yes, this is how you can control your Apple Tv using your iPhone. Most Apple TV users already have an iPhone so they can make use of this method.
Using an Application to Control Apple TV
The Remote app is probably already on your iPhone.
The app can be found in the App Library by searching.
- Click on the Remote app.
- Select Add Apple TV.
- The code will appear on the screen of your TV. Enter it on your phone.
- Apple TV is now paired with your iPhone. You can use its Remote app to control the set-top box.
- Adding your Remote app to the control center may be convenient if it isn’t already there.
- To access the Control Center, go to Settings > Control Centre. The Remote app can be added to the Control Center by tapping the plus sign.
- Swipe down from your screen’s upper-right corner to access the Control Center.
You can now complete the setup process using the Remote app on your iPhone.
Control Apple TV through Bluetooth Keyboard
You can now pair your Apple TV with a Bluetooth keyboard using tvOS 9.2. To do so, follow these steps:
- You need to switch to pairing mode on your keyboard
- Open the Apple TV Settings
- Click on Remotes & Devices
- Bluetooth should be selected
- Complete the process by entering your PIN or passkey
- Upon connecting the keyboard, a notification with the text Connected appears.
The controls for the Bluetooth keyboard are as follows:
- Swiping through the menus can be done via the keyboard arrows, as can fast-forwarding and rewinding.
- Play and pause are controlled by the spacebar.
- You can switch between apps by pressing F3. Select something with the Return key.
- When you press the Escape key, one section is returned.
Keyboard access will enable you to enter passwords and email addresses easily. On your screen, you will see the prompt, and all you need to do is type.
Use Different Remote from Apple TV
Controlling your ATV with your iPad, iPhone, or keyboard is quite an advanced feeling. It’s still the case that some people prefer the original remote.
Third-party remotes are another option for controlling the device. People mostly buy Universal Remotes to control their Apple TV.
You are able to connect multiple devices at once using a Universal Remote. So, it’s better to buy a Universal Remote rather than an Original remote which will be very expensive. Apple TV makes it easy to connect one.
- The Apple TV should be woken up and the settings should be accessed.
- The Learn Remotes option is under Remotes and Devices.
- The process will begin once you click Start.
- Turn your new remote towards the Apple TV and make sure it is pointing at it.
- The new remote will have several buttons that you will have to press in response to the screen prompts.
- You will also find the directional buttons, the Select button, and the Menu button.
- It is crucial that you hold down the remote button until you can see the progress bar fill up.
- You can also give the remote a custom name once that is done to help identify it better.
- You can choose Remotes and Devices by going to Settings.
- You can choose the remote’s name here.
- You can now delete the remote by pressing the Delete Remote button on the next screen.
How to Switch On the Apple TV without a Remote
- If you’re using an Apple TV with an HDMI input, verify that the TV is set up to the same input.
- Turn off your Apple TV. The plug that controls power in your Apple TV comes out of the black cable at its back if you’re not sure. The cable should be pulled out or unplugged.
- Reconnect the device. Upon doing so, your TV screen will briefly show the Apple logo before it turns off. Apple TV should have a white on the light that blinks.
The home screen of your Apple TV will be seen after a few seconds.
The Apple TV is one of the best products on the market right now. It only gets better with time. This product is perfect for those who want to cut the cords completely. Apple TV was a controversial product that ended up being an incredibly good product.
Apple’s streaming media device can be controlled and set up with a number of other methods if you lose or don’t like using the Siri Remote.
Apple TV is compatible with a variety of universal remotes, including Bluetooth keyboards as well. So, you can control your Apple TV easily without the original remote.